Top Current Affairs Quiz: 21 May 2019
21 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Metrology Day, new silent cafe and new President of Indonesia among others.
1. Which former Prime Minister’s death anniversary is observed on May 21?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Rajiv Gandhi
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
d) Gulzarilal Nanda
2. Google has announced suspension of its services with which technology giant?
3. Which nation has suspended the procedure of filling landing cards by travelers from India and other nations?
4. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for protecting which cattle breed recently?
5. What is the name of farthest place in universe where NASA’s spacecraft has recently found evidence of water?
a) Webar Galaxy
b) Giant Gracia
c) Wire Gross
d) Ultima Thule
6. Name of Indian spinner who recently started lifestyle brand CheQmate?
a) Kuldeep Yadav
b) Ravidra Jadeja
c) Yuzvendra Chahal
d) Ashish Nehra
7. When the World Metrology Day is observed every year?
a) 19th May
b) 20th May
c) 21th May
d) 22th May
8. Starbucks recently opened ‘silent cafe’ in which country?
9. Who was elected as the President of Indonesia recently?
a) Joko Widodo
b) Prabowo Subianto
c) Sandiaga Uno
d) Ma'ruf Amin
10. The Indian Navy recently began the IMCOR exercise with which country?
d) South Carolina
1. (b) Rajiv Gandhi
The 28th death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was observed across the nation on May 21, 2019. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a suicide bombing at Sriperumbudur of Tamil Nadu on this day in 1991.
2. (d) Huawei
Google has suspended all business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software and technical services and cancelled its Android license.
3. (d) UK
The UK government has scrapped the requirement of filling out landing cards by international travelers coming to the UK from countries like India, as part of a series of measures aimed at a smoother entry into Britain.
4. (a) Ongole
Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for protecting Ongole cattle breed on May 20, 2019. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu released a compendium on Ongole breed of cattle at Vijayawada recently.
5. (d) Ultima Thule
NASA has recently discovered evidences of water, ice and organic molecules on Ultima Thule's surface, farthest place in universe. NASA has published the first profile of Ultima Thule revealing details about the complex space object.
6. (c) Yuzvendra Chahal
India spinner Yuzvendra Chahal in association with High Times Solutions (HTS) has started lifestyle brand "CheQmate".
7. (b) 20 May
World Metrology Day is observed every year on 20 May to commemorate the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875. The theme of the 2019 World Metrology Day was ‘The International System of Units – Fundamentally better’.
8. (d) China
American coffee company Starbucks recently opened a ‘silent cafe’ in Guangzhou, China. The half of the staff at this café is hearing impaired. People can place orders without saying a word.
9. (a) Joko Widodo
Joko Widodo was re-elected as President of Indonesia for the second term, defeating rival Prabowo Subianto. Widodo and his Vice-Presidential running mate Ma'ruf Amin won the election by a 55.5 percent to 44.5 percent margin over Prabowo Subianto and Sandiaga Uno.
10. (c) Myanmar
The Indo-Myanmar coordinated patrol (IMCOR) began on May 20, 2019 at Andaman and Nicobar Command. For this purpose, Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King TabinShweHtee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) arrived at Port Blair.