Rajasthan Current Affairs 18 October 2019
Rajasthan Current Affairs
Radhakrishnan Damani: -
- Recently Radhakrishnan Damani of Bikaner has been ranked seventh in the list of 100 richest people of India by Forbes.
- Their total assets are $ 14.3 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani ranks first in the list of India's 100 richest people released by Forbes.
- In this list, Lakshmi Niwas Mittal of Rajasthan got 9th position.
- Kumar Mangalam got 10th position.
Best Platinum Award for Green Environment : -
- Recently Northwestern Railway was awarded the Best Platinum Award for Green Environment by IGVC-CII Indian Green Building Council.
- It became the first government office to receive the rating.
- Solar power is being used by this railway zone to strengthen the resolve of environmental protection.
Dungarpur : -
- The only Dungarpur body from Rajasthan was included among the 10 cleanest bodies in India.
- The IFAT-2019 CT Leader Conclave ceremony has been organized in Mumbai under the joint aegis of All India Institute Local Self Government and Messi MuH India.
- In this ceremony, Dungarpur body commissioner Ganesh Lal Khadi and Assistant Engineer Vikas Lodya received this honor.
- The Dungarpur body was ranked seventh nationwide in the cleanliness survey.
- Ranked third in cities with less than one lakh population in the country and first in feedback.
Union Health Ministry released list of people above 50 years of age
- Bijnor of Uttar Pradesh stood first with 3.67%.
- Sikar of Rajasthan stood at fifth position with 2.81% blindness.
- The lowest blindness is Thrissur district (Kerala) 1.08%.
- This figure has been revealed in the survey of National Blindness and Blindness (2015–19).
Rajasthan is the first state in India where councilor may become the chairman without contesting or losing : -
- Rajasthan is the first state to implement this hybrid model of direct parachute candidates in municipal elections.
- It is the same as a person without an MLA or MP can become Chief Minister and Prime Minister.
- But in such a situation, the tenure (Prime Minister, Chief Minister) is only for 6 months.
- It is necessary to become a member of the Legislative Assembly or the Legislative Council if it is to continue in office.
Vigyan Jyoti Scheme : -
- The Central Government has started this scheme to encourage students for STEM education.
- Through this scheme, the percentage of selection of girl students in 500 districts will be their percentage by 2020-25.
- Girls from class 9 to 12 have been included.
- Under this scheme science camps will be organized for girls in National Laboratories and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
World Poverty Alleviation Day : -
- Poverty Eradication Day is observed worldwide on 17 October.
- Objective - To raise awareness about the efforts being made to alleviate poverty in the world.
- This year's theme - Acting Together the Empower Children, There Families and Community to and Power.
- Setting the goal of ending poverty worldwide by 2030 in the UN's sustainable development goals.
Livestock population census report 2019 released : -
- The Union Animal Husbandry Ministry released the 20th Animal Husbandry Report 2019 by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying on 16 October.
- Livestock grew 4.63% compared to 2012.
- Increased to 5.36 million in 2019.
- Cow increased by 0.83%.
- There has been an increase of 14% in sheep and 10% in goat.